Vacuuming with a CERTIFIED asthma & allergy friendly® vacuum once a week is important to reduce allergens and irritants in carpets. Some vacuums release particles back into the air, so you’ll want one with a system proven to trap them.
For a vacuum cleaner to be CERTIFIED, it must meet our standards:
- The vacuum must be proven to remove surface allergens.
- Airborne allergens during vacuuming must remain below levels set by Certification standards.
- Integrity must be maintained throughout the air filtration system.
- Dust released when the vacuum bag or canister is full must remain below levels set by Certification standards.
- Exposure to allergens while changing the bag or cleaning the canister must remain below levels set by Certification standards.
- Water-based collection systems must not negatively impact the relative humidity of the air and carpet.
- Water-based collection systems must have a care code that emphasizes the importance of mold growth prevention in the collection system.