Vacuum Cleaners (Water Based Filtration)
Vacuum Cleaners with water based dust collection systems that are certified asthma & allergy friendlyTM are tested to the ASP-03:01/103 Addendum 2 Certification Standard. The Certification Standard utilizes an algorithm of proprietary and recognized scientific techniques to assess Vacuum Cleaners for their ability to reduce allergenic and irritant materials, both when new and after extended use. The Standard also takes account of the possibility that any technology that uses water as a functioning agent, or produces water as a by-product, creates the potential for increased relative humidity, and therefore may enhance conditions for mold growth and house dust mite replication. Submitted Vacuum Cleaner models that pass certification testing are granted a certificate stating that the particular Vacuum Cleaner meets the requirements for the asthma & allergy friendlyTM ASP-03:01/103 Addendum 2 Certification Standard.
The Principles for Certification of Vacuum Cleaners incorporating a water based dust collection system include:
- (a) Evaluation of capability to remove allergen-containing test dust from carpets
- (b) Evaluation of airborne allergen levels during vacuuming
- (c) Evaluation of the integrity of the air filtration system
- (d) Assessment of exposure to allergens during receptacle emptying
- (e) Evaluation of the impact of a water based dust collection system on relative humidity of the air and carpet
- (f) Provision of a care code that emphasizes the importance of mold growth prevention in the collection system
All certified asthma & allergy friendlyTM Vacuum Cleaners with water based dust collection system carry a unique certification code.