The asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Program has included Washing Machines to scientifically test and validate that particular models are capable of killing dust mites and removing residual allergens at acceptable levels. All certified Washing Machines must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Capability to reduce house dust mite and domestic animal dander levels in test items below limit levels following a complete washing cycle
- Capability to achieve a washing temperature equal to or greater than 55°C(131°F).
- The capability to kill house dust mites by washing is demonstrated by prevention of Dermatophagoides Group 1 antigen resurgence over a four week incubation period post washing in test items previously infested with live house dust mite.
- Certification applicable to manufacturer's warranty period for washing machine
- Washing capability achieved without exposure above designated limit levels of indoor ozone by-product, ionized particles or VOCs.
Please click on one of the models below to find out more about a particular Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ Washing Machines.