Pure Safety® High Performance Insulation
Pure Safety™ insulation has up to 65 percent less dust than comparable insulation and is mold and mildew resistant.
Owens Corning Inc
Friday, 11 November 2016
Why is the product Certified asthma & allergy friendly®?
The Owens Corning Pure Safety™ High Performance Insulation is Certified asthma & allergy friendly® because it is scientifically proven to considerably reduce your exposure to allergens.
But there’s still more to it. In order for a High Performance Insulation to meet the above requirement, strict standards for appropriate levels must be met when:
- The fiberglass insulation material did not contain any of the prohibited chemicals outlined in ASP:19-01.
- During installation and room disturbance test stages, the dust concentration, total airborne particle counts and airborne fiber concentration did not exceed the ASP:19-01 Certification thresholds.
- Indoor air concentration of volatile organic compounds emitted by the insulation material did not exceed the ASP:19-01 Certification thresholds at 24, 48, 336 hours.
- The fiberglass insulation was demonstrated to be resistant to fungal growth
What are the product’s features?
- Up to 65% less dust
- Reduces noise up to 50%
- Class A fire rated
- Mold and mildew resistant
- R-15 thermal
What’s inside the product?
Pure Safety™ is a high performance mineral fiber insulation that is UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for its low VOC emissions and is UL Validated Formaldehyde Free. Pure Safety ™ high performance insulation is a bio-based product and meets USDA BioPreferred ® guidelines and achieves a certified minimum average recycled content of 65% by SCS Global Services.
Does the product come in different sizes or colors?
Where can I buy the product?